Weekend Retreat
This past weekend was spent in Glorieta, NM - about a hour north of Albuquerque. The church had our annual retreat there. I enjoyed myself except I need to remember to bring my own pillow with me next year.
I was blessed to have found a theme scripture while I was there:
Hebrews 12:25
25See to it that you do not refuse him who speaks. If they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, how much less will we, if we turn away from him who warns us from heaven?
The lessons weren't long, nor did they contain a lot of substance, but one lesson on Saturday yielded that scripture. If I'm going to do a great job worshipping God, I need to live out that scripture (I know, some of you believe that even if I live out that scripture I will never do a great job of worshipping God. All I can say to you is :-( ).
I was also blessed with spending time with my lovely and wonderfully incredible girlfriend. I think we both realized just how little time we've spent with each other and how much more time we should spend with each other.
Last, but certainly not least, congratulations to Lon and Carla who found time to get engaged while up there! I'm still surprised Lon used my suggested location to propose. Their wedding will probably be at the end of the year.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home