Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Birthday's and Friends

I've screwed up plenty of times in my life. Tonight is just another to add to the ever expanding list.

See, today is (still) Carla's birthday. She and I have been best of friends for the last four years. We've co-led together. We've spent time together and we've sharing many memories together. I think it is only right that we are both dating at the same time.

But that doesn't excuse the fact that I forgot it was her birthday.

Before I go any further, happy birthday my friend! I know I have neglected you in favor of my wonderful girlfriend. That is not an acceptable reason for me. I'm glad that you have the relationship with Natalie that you do. She will benefit from what you know about me and how to deal with me much as I have learned enough to have a wonderful girlfriend. All of that came from you. You have incredible patience (anyone who leads with me must have patience) and you know exactly what I need to hear when I need to hear it. You've taught me how to consider the emotional needs of a woman instead of immediately shutting them down when their is a problem.

So, to all my readers, I want you to know that I love Carla dearly. Without her I'm not even a shell of the man I have become.

Carla, you will always have a special place in my heart. I'm sorry that I forgot your very special day. I promise I will try to make it up to you.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home