5 Years Passes Quickly
I'm sure everyone remembers where they were and what they were doing September 11, 2001. I spent the day worried about my brother and cousins and when I was let off work early (because all government entities had closed early), I went home until dinner and watched t.v. and waited to hear from the rest of the family about my cousins. Fortunately they were all fine (and my cousin Dan took some great pictures of what happened that day).
Is the world any different today as a result of 5 years of conflict and changes? Dare I say, no? I'm still scared of flying (and I fly to Savannah this Friday). I'm just as scared as I was flying to Baltimore, November 2001. I'm scared that security will pull me off the flight or out of the security line because of the electronic equipment I travel with (digital camera, battery charger, laptop computer, etc.). Now, I can't even bring a bottle of water on the plane with me.
As I sit watching the 9/11 Commission report on the History Channel, my heart goes out to those who lost loved ones and friends during the attacks. Gwen sent me a message today expressing her feelings about today. My response, I'm proud of the people of New York and Washington, D.C. for continuing to move forward and live despite the constant threat this country faces.
Five years have passed. I may be afraid of flying but that pales in comparison to the anguish this day will bring for those directly affected by the attacks on September 11, 2001.
1 Comments:
I agree with you about your postings. I am more afraid to fly now then ever before but that pales in comparison to those folks that lost Fathers, Mothers, Husbands, Childre, well you know.
God bless everyone who was there to support and assist and for those that stayed in constant prayer during that time.
Post a Comment
<< Home