Tuesday, August 15, 2006

History is Made!

Wednesday at 8:00 AM MDT, ground will be broken on the former Macombs Dam Park, Bronx, NY, where the new Yankee Stadium will be built in time for the 2009 season.

To the citizens of da Bronx - thank you for giving up another precious park. I know how the amount of park acreage has decreased over the years and I can imagine the uproar this will cause as the stadium is being build, however, I ask you to please refrain from interfering with the build process. The new Yankee Stadium will bring mucho dinero to your borough that you can use for other projects that are needed (i.e. cleaning up the place, etc.).

I also found out an interesting tidbit about the new stadium. Currently, those people who sit in the bleachers are stuck there (i.e. access to the rest of the stadium is prohibited). This will change in the new stadium. If you purchase a bleacher seat, you may walk around the whole stadium and experience everything it has to offer.

There is only one word to say after that - sweet!

Definitely looking forward to watching my first game in the new stadium sometime after 2009

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home