Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I Shoulda Bought a Lottery Ticket

Last night R.D. and I went to the D'backs/Pirates game at Chase (a.k.a. BOB) Field. We got there early enough for batting practice and, since the game was against the Pirates, we knew that we would have a good chance at snagging a ball. Well, both of us brought our gloves and assumed our positions in the left field stands. 20 minutes or so goes by with R.D. actually being the closest one to a ball when suddenly a smash. I move to my left a little bit and wait. Will the ball hook more? Not at all. I put my glove up and with two hands (see Dad, I still know how to catch a fly ball) I grabbed my first ever major league baseball! Joy!!!!!!!!! :D

The night would have been perfect if that was all that happened. I put the ball in my pocket after getting congratulations from R.D. (who by this time was starting to struggle a bit) and continue to chase the balls. Of course, by this time the weaker hitters were up but suddenly, like deja vu, another ball comes straight at me and once again, using two hands, I make the catch in the almost exact spot I caught the other one. Two in one night!!!!!! I've spent the last 25 + years chasing balls at the ball park and never caught one and then one magical night in downtown Phoenix I get two. I was walking on air the rest of the night.

R.D., on the other hand, was very upset that I caught two but he didn't get one. Better luck next time R.D.!

Cherise's graduation ceremony is tonight. I hope I can keep myself from crying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home