Congratulations Graduates!
I can't believe it is that time of the year again!
Eight very short years ago, I was one of the lucky ones. I was someone lucky enough to finish college and get a degree. Definitely the best thing I've ever done (o.k. - becoming a disciple was the best). Now, as this time of year nears, I feel a little nostaglic and sentimental. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy I'm done with school, but I know the sacrifice and the blood, sweat and tears it takes to graduate from college. That is why I'm so proud of Lauren, Brooke and Javier. Lauren, I never thought you'd stay at UNM. I always thought you'd find a way to get to an Ivy League school but I'm glad you didn't. I'm most proud about you because I poured out a lot of my life into you while you were at AHS, trying to convince you that UNM wasn't a bad place. Now that you are graduating, how did I do?
Brooke, over the past two years I've had the chance to help ease some burdens and pour out some much needed love. I think I succeeded (and I say that based off of yesterday's lunch conversation). Now you are getting ready to attend NYU, one of my favorite schools in the country because it's a university and it's in the heart of New York City. Make sure you say "hi" to the Olsen twins while there. Also, if I'm in New York in the near future, I'll make sure I let you know so we can hang out.
Javier, I hope you don't keep gathering degrees just for the gifts. Two years ago you received your Associates from TV-I. Now you are getting your Bachelor's from UNM. Good job! Your kids will always be able to see what you have accomplished and strive to do more.
To everyone graduating this year, I salute you. Just make sure you never stop learning and always, always, always, encourage the next generation to do the same.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home