Monday, March 13, 2006

Lobos #11 Seed

First, I'm happy the women made the NCAA tournament. That makes it five in a row for the program.

However, I'm very disappointed/upset being named the #11 seed in the ABQ regional. I can't understand how we go to Texas and beat them and they get a #6 seed and Minnesota comes here and loses by 18 and they get a #8 seed. If you are a serious basketball fan, you understand RPI. If the RPI is as important as the selection committee says it is, then why are we being punished? It's almost as if the record over the last 10 games was the most important thing in the seeding this year and it's almost as if we are being punished for hosting the regional finals. I would think the NCAA would want the UNM women's basketball team to play at home because it guarantees a sell-out, unless (beware, conspiracy theory) they don't want teams from mid-major conferences to become powerhouses.

Makes you wonder, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home