Rants and Raves
Sometimes my mother is pushy (o.k. - maybe she's pushy all the time). Yesterday she calls me with a phone number of a new realtor, because she doesn't feel my current realtor has been agressive enough for me (and I agree with her on that). So today she calls to tell me about a house she also told me about yesterday. Why? My guess is so she can still control my life and I hate it. I hate it with a passion. It's so bad that I dread the day I get engaged because I know the wedding wont be mine, it will be my mother's.
Sigh! What is a guy supposed to do?
4 Comments:
Although my mom is far from pushy, in situations where someone is too pushy do what I do - pretend to speak another language. -E/themfwic
Now that was funny!
Either way, your wedding won't be yours. Just make sure and marry someone who isn't afraid to stand up to her, because the day most often belongs to the bride. Remind your mother, nicely, she had her wedding. You appreciate her input, but it doesn't mean you agree with or plan to do any of it.
; )
Or better yet, find a girl for whom the wedding isn't terribly important, get married at the J of P, and tell your mom at the next Thanksgiving dinner. When she comes at you with the electric carving knife defend yourself by taking the jellied cranberry sauce hostage and say, "No presione por favor las cargas" and flee for your life. By christmas, all will be forgotten. :) Really - this works.
-E./themfwic
Post a Comment
<< Home