Monday, July 18, 2005

Movie Review

I made good use of my free time on Saturday and went to a matinee showing of War of the Worlds (I'm still boycotting the full $9.25 price for a movie). And unlike some of you, I paid for my own ticket to go and surprisingly, it was worth it. The stupid eye still scares the crap out of me (although I miss the red, green and blue colored eye from the original), Tim Robbins did a great job playing the crazy guy and it was nice to see the wonderful city of Boston get the crap kicked out of it (yes, New York got beat-up too but it wasn't limited to just there).

So, the big question is, will it end up part of my DVD collection? No. Just like I don't own Signs because it messed with my mind, I can't own this one because I'll be afraid that stupid eye will be waiting for me to wake up and scream (which is exactly what I would do). Just thinking about it gives me the creeps and chills.

Is it worth a matinee price? Yes. A dollar movie? Absolutely.

One other thing, I agree with George, I miss the sound effects from the original movie too!

1 Comments:

Blogger John & Natalie said...

Una cómica nace cada día

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home