Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Rants and Raves

There are times when I get upset at people for seemingly trivial things. Today is one of those days. You see, I hate it when people pass the buck. I hate getting a call from someone asking me to take care of something that they could handle very easily. A real-life example happened today. I got a call yesterday letting me know a friend was flying into town. He arrives tonight at 8:30ish. Now, this friend doesn't call me. Instead, he calls another guy who doesn't have a car and has very little common sense. Instead of taking care of the issue himself, he calls me and asks me for help. Now, when did being a Christian mean I need help making a simple decision? I thought this mindset changed a couple of years ago? So I said I can't help anymore than asking the guys who meet together on Tuesday nights (which I forgot to ask). Today, I get a call from another guy asking me the same question. Now, I'm really ticked because this is truly passing the buck. I'm not going to call him back because he needs to get off of his fat, lazy bum, gather the kids and go to the airport to pick up our friend. I have things I have to do tonight that I can't skip just to go to the airport (now, if I had been called first, I would have advised a different flight time/day because I know we are busy on Wednesday nights!).

Add to everything above, my eyes are bloodshot. If you saw me you'd think I was out drinking last night (which I wasn't). That's how bad my allergies are right now.

A word of advice to you. If you want to talk to me tonight, better make sure you are ready to get yelled at.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning. I will make sure to steer clear of you tonight. I don't think I could handle getting yelled at right now. c

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home