Friday, December 03, 2004

End of an era

In 1992 I bought my first computer. It was an IBM PS/2 Consultant. A whopping 486SX/20 with 4 MB RAM (my how things have changed). I wanted the IBM for two reasons: 1) the name and 2) the computer shipped with Prodigy, one of the first ISP's around.

Well, IBM is expected to announce they are stopping their PC product line. It's kind of a shame. In one sense I hurt because it was a piece of history. On the other hand, IBM had stopped being competitive in the PC market years ago. The term "IBM compatible" will not hold the same meaning to our children as it does to us.

What is next, Windows on a Mac?


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever will all the Mac lovers do? Will Windows work on a Mac? c

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home