Friday, October 22, 2004

Music Review

I took a trip to Sam Goody this week to spend one of the gift cards I got for my birthday. I don't like Sam Goody because they are grossly overpriced but since I had my card to spend, I went. Plus, I needed to shop at another estabilishment in the mall.

I spent about 45 minutes there, frantically hoping that 1) the Yankees would jump out to a lead against the Red Sox and 2) I would find something that I want, not something I would just settle for.

Well, #1 didn't happen but #2 did. I grabbed Wilson Phillip's latest CD California. What they have done is taken hits that were popular along the west coast from the 60's and 70's and put their vocal talents to work. Some of the stuff you will hear include:
Already Gone (originally by the Eagles)
Go Your Own Way (originally by Fleetwood Mac)
Monday Monday (originally by the Mama's and the Papa's - Chynna Phillips' mom's group)
Dance! Dance! Dance! (originally by the Beach Boys - the Wilson sister's dad Brian)

You can visit their website here for more details. I suggest you check it out. The CD was worth the money that I didn't spend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home