Weekend Update
O.K. - let me start with the important stuff first. Starting today I am now officially the only BT leader in the Young Pro's ministry. That's sad but also a great opportunity and challenge for both myself and my co-leader. We know we need to raise up others and that's going to take a lot of teaching and explaining of what we do and how we interact. Hopefully that will only take about six months. Second, I am finally removing myself from some of the church politics. I decided and requested to have my name removed from the ballot for the new board of directors. It was on my heart to do this earlier but given the state of the church, the lack of qualified men and the fact that I never thought I would gain re-election I dismissed the idea. What changed me was the reaction to the election that occured a few weeks ago. After hearing the comments about it I decided it was time. My decision was prayed over and I still feel good about it. Fortunately, nobody tried to talk me out of it. Lastly, I can see some dreams finally coming true this year. Hopefully they will, Lord knows I've prayed about them enough and I've persevered for a long time.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home