Almost there...
I remember as a 12 year old kid my dad telling me that I would never be a leader. So for years I fought against that stigma, even in my early years as a disciple I had that problem. Then one day God decides his plan is greater than everyone's opinion (even my own) and he made me a leader. I failed as all first time leaders do but over the years I've seen a remarkable transformation - even to the point that I've been told I'm a natural leader (right Carla?). So I was and wasn't surprised when I started my new bowling league last week to find out that I would be bowling last. Bowling last signifies that you are the best bowler and the most clutch bowler. Two weeks in and I have only had one opportunity to be clutch (and succeeded) but I'm anxiously awaiting the opportunity when the pressure is really on (like I need a strike to win the game) to see how I respond. I've even seen it during last year's softball debacle (don't ask). So this leads me to wonder "why now?" What is it that God has in store for me? Is it as simple as leading a family or is it something like leading a church? Only time will tell.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home